Skip to main content

Bliss

“Can I invite you to my place?”

I got this message from my MySpace account. The guy was anonymous. He had neither picture nor any description about him. I was bent not to respond to this guy because he is simply anonymous. But courtesy dictates I had to respond. In fact, I hate people not responding to my text message or even private messages. Being so courteous enough, I responded “Why not?” After all, it has been a while since I have met new PLUs and it would not hurt if I would meet someone new after a hot coffee and a pleasant chat with a nice guy two Fridays ago.

All was set. I would go to his place. I will have a nice chat with him and get to know him better (and perhaps get laid. Smile!). It was supposedly last Friday.

However, some things did not augur well for me last Friday. Since Monday would be a Muslim holiday, we would need to make up for it by rendering some overtime work because we were rushing some materials for the upcoming board meeting. So at 5 PM, I took the courtesy to apologize for not being able to meet him. He understood. He seemed to be a well-educated man, and mild mannered at that. Being so busy himself, he surely understood.

Things at work went on smoothly. Later, I texted my cyber friend, Mel, it felt good to call off a date. Earlier that day, I was even very excited telling him I have a date again!

“Guys like you will always have a date!” he texted sarcastically.

“It is not very often, naman. It’s just that they keep on coming these days.” It is true, when it rains it pours. But when you get drenched, sometimes you lose the zest and gusto to meet PLUs.

“Iniinggit mo ba ako?” he responded in jest. I just responded with a smiley.



BUT AT THAT TIME, when I felt so stressed at work, it was the first time that calling off a date felt so good. The fact that I don’t have to make some extra effort to look and smell good had made it all. I am not saying I try to be different when I have a date. But of course, you always have to look and feel your best. After all, it is a first date and I have to make a memorable impression. You know what I mean. You choose the best clothes that you could ever don. You look at your hair whether they are all in place. Your shoes must be shiny. Your nails cut. Your face should not be oily. And you must smell great! Etc. etc. etc. (Is Mr. G vain? Yes…sometimes. When the occasion calls for it. But I can be so lousy dressed like any kanto boy if I choose to. You would not imagine but I could stand the day without taking a bath or brushing my teeth. Gross! Hahahaha!).

Anyway, feeling so tired after work, I felt the urge to unwind by myself. I went to the gym and had a real good massage! The soothing music of Enya inside the massage room had provided peace and tranquility, making my mind aloft and drift to Neverland! The slow movements and soft touch of the masseuse (!) felt so good that every press she made cleared away the pain I seem to have been nurturing for the past month. Sometimes I would groan in pain because the hardened muscles really ached a lot. They were frozen muscles brought by lack of exercise due to work. But when the pain is gone, all you could feel is the soft and slow kneading on your shoulder, your back and your butt. It was bliss! I came out of the gym feeling so fresh and young and free!

ON MY WAY HOME, Mel texted me again, why I did not text back. I told him I just had a real good massage and hearty dinner!

“Hmmm….Being a good boy? For Jason again?”

“No. It was for me. Forget about boys, this time.”

“What? Forget about boys? Man, you are really sick! Boys are the reasons we keep on going, and going….” he jested.

“I just wanted to enjoy myself.”

“That’s true. It applies to me as well.”

“Well, isn’t it nice that I just enjoyed by my lonesome and here I am seated infront of a cute guy? What a day!”

“I thought tuloy-tuloy na ang pagka-good boy mo. Napeke ako!”

END.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Texting epic fail!

Image via Wikipedia I have been very careful in sending text messages, whether official and personal.  I have been wanting to hook up meet the guy I met 2 years ago.  So I kept on texting him, because he might have been busy, all along.  You know, he is a medical doctor, and you know how doctors are. Anyway, here is my recollection of our text conversation:

Disconnect to reconnect

For the past week, I have avoided blogging to talk about my worldly existence.  I am slowly going back...and I just found the right explanation why we need to be disconnected sometimes. I want to share this with you, and I am sure you'll know what I mean...

A letter from Badong

t Image via Wikipedia Dear Mr. G, I am writing this letter to end all of your and the rest of the barkada's suspicions about me—that is being gay. I know, Mr. G, that you are always asking me if I have a girlfriend or not. Once, you even asked me if I have a boyfriend. I almost told you I had one, but was unsure of what you will say or think about me. I tell you now, I am gay. I hope you are not shocked. Although I have had relationships with women/girls in high school and college, I always knew I was attracted to men—since elementary days. There is no denying that I slept with most of them. I mean it when I say now that I have had good sex with them. So to say, I was not homosexually active then.